47 Cogswell Ave. Cambridge, Bell & Fandetti Townhouse
47-26 Cogswell Ave, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140
Loft-style single-family Bell & Fandetti townhouse —Unique architecture and brilliant design on a quiet cul-de-sac. An ideal landing spot for those who want more than a condo and crave spectacular outdoor space and a great location. The main level combines the living, dining, and kitchen, anchored by southern exposure and a two-story mezzanine. French doors open to a private deck and large enclosed yard. The kitchen was redesigned from scratch to maximize space using clean modern design with white lacquered cabinets, butcher block countertops, and quality appliances. The third level has dramatic high ceilings with five skylights and an open lofted bedroom. The flexible living space can be utilized in so many ways, the attached heated garage is currently being used as a studio, and the first-floor office can be used as a guest room. Plus, the potential to install an electric car charger. Minutes to both Porter & Davis Square red line MBTA and all the wonderful shops and cafes!
- Fee-Simple Single-Family
- Living Area: 1,278 sq ft (includes heated garage)
- Lot Size: 1,114 sq ft
- 6 Rooms, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath
- Year Built: 1982 (per Public Records)
- Enter through the front door into a welcoming foyer with a step down to a home office that can also be used as a guest room. To the left is the entrance to the heated garage, currently being used as a studio. The stackable washer and dryer are on this level as is the staircase leading to the main floor.
- The main living level has cathedral ceilings, oak hardwood floors, and a wonderful open plan living room, dining room, and kitchen. The kitchen was completely renovated in 2011 with white lacquered cabinets, butcher block countertops, an extra deep 2 bowl sink, and stainless-steel appliances. The appliance package includes a Jenn-Air gas stove with downdraft, a Samsung French door refrigerator with an icemaker, and a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher with hidden controls. Once you finish ogling the interior, go through the French Doors which leads you to a private fenced-in yard with seamless mahogany decking and landscaped beds.
- Proceed up the staircase and you will reach the amazing lofted master suite which comes complete with 5 skylights, a large closet with sliding barn doors, and a delightful nook that could easily be used as an exercise area or home office. The full bathroom has a tub with a shower, pedestal sink, one window, and a skylight
- Exterior is clapboard and was last painted in 2015. New front 2021.
- Roof: asphalt shingle and was new in 2018.
- Rear yard and deck were designed and landscaped by a notable landscape architect and artist.
- Windows: wood Harvey thermopane.
- Heat: gas-fired Lennox forced hot air system, (new in 2008), and controlled by a Nest thermostat. Note that Central Air Conditioning could be added to the system.
- Hot Water: gas-fired 40-gallon Rheem hot water tank (new in 2015).
- Electrical: 100-amp system with circuit breakers.
- Laundry: Whirlpool washing machine and electric dryer (new in 2019) are on the first floor and are included in the sale.
- The garage is heated and has an automatic door opener and is currently being used as a studio. Great potential to add an electric car charger.
- Permit parking on Cogswell Ave is available for residents and visitors.
- Taxes: $1,792 (FY21 with the Residential Exemption).
- Each Owner of 47 Cogswell Ave contributes $130/year for common driveway snow removal.