188 Upland Rd—Avon Hill, Cambridge
188 Upland Road, Unit 6, Cambridge, MA 02140
Bright, cheery, and simply delightful—this Avon Hill top floor condo has a roomy 1344 SF layout with whimsical ceiling lines, skylights, and superb outdoor spaces. Freshly painted with refinished wood flooring throughout, this home has a large open living and dining room with cathedral ceilings and a built-in window seat with treetop views. There are 1+ bedrooms on the first level; up the spiral stairs is a large loft bedroom with sliding panels that open to the living space below. The well-equipped eat-in kitchen has direct access through glass doors to a private deck. There is also a lovely landscaped common enclosed yard and patio. Other notable features include in-unit laundry and plenty of attic and basement storage. The location is outstanding—next to Raymond Park and just minutes to the Porter Sq Redline/commuter rail and an abundance of fun local hangouts.
- Living Area: 1344
- Top floor, two levels
- Bedrooms: 2+
- Baths: 1
- Outdoor space: Private deck, and shared fenced backyard and patio
- Taxes: FY ‘21 $2,485.04 includes residential exemption
Systems & Exterior:
- Heating: Radiators via Burnham gas-fired boiler 2013 (188 side) and Burnham gas-fired boiler 2001 (186 side)
- Hot water heaters: (2) Rheem 9yr 50 gallon tanks from 2017
- Cooling: Window units included in the sale
- Electrical: Circuit breakers
- Roof: Asphalt singles 2011
- Exterior: Painted wood siding, the trim was painted in 2020. The main body of the house was painted in 2008.
- 6 unit condo association, self-managed.
- 100% owner-occupied,
- Pets: 1 dog and/or 2 cats
- Rentals: The Association has always been 100% owner-occupation. Rental of units is limited to 1 year to accommodate sabbaticals, subject to House approval and conditions. Ownership is required to return after the rental period.
- Condo fees: $400** includes Heat, Hot Water, Electric, Gas, Water, Sewer, Master Insurance, Exterior Maintenance, Landscaping, Reserve Funds (the condo fee may be raised to $425 TBD)