1 Russell Street PH 403—Cambridge Luxury Condo
1 Russell Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140, United /states
Transformed from a 1960’s residential complex into a high-end elevator building in 2007—this penthouse unit has dramatic ceiling height, an enormous skylight, hardwood floors, a wonderful patio with great views and an appealing open layout with two large ensuite bedrooms and two parking spaces, one of them in the garage. The kitchen features a dynamite 11-foot curved granite island with plentiful wood cabinetry and a GE Profile appliance suite. This location is convenient to everything—a few blocks from both Porter and Davis Square red line MBTA stops, the bike path and a plethora of restaurants, groceries, and specialty shops. This is a professionally managed building with high owner occupancy—it checks all the boxes for a low maintenance, no worry home in Cambridge.
Upon entering, you are immediately taken by the wonderful light in this home—with high ceilings, an enormous skylight, and a glass French door with glass sidelights that opens onto a large balcony with city views. There’s a nice sized coat closet on your left.
Dining room: Flanked by the kitchen and the French door to the deck, a large dining table can be perfectly placed under the enormous skylight. There are recessed lights and crown molding, which adds a touch of elegance.
Living room: Is an intimate space but allows for ample seating for guests to gather.
Kitchen: The open concept kitchen has an 11-foot two level curved granite island with 3 hanging glass pendants and can accommodate 6 stools. Fully loaded stainless steel GE Profile appliance suite - 5-burner gas range with convection oven and a hood vent, refrigerator with bottom freezer, and dishwasher with hidden controls. The Shaker style solid wood cabinetry provides ample storage along with a double pantry. Other stylish details include a mosaic tile backsplash and tumbled ceramic tile flooring. The undercabinet lighting is the finishing touch.
Patio: Glass French door with glass sidelights open onto a large 11.5 ft x 12.5 ft balcony with broad views over the treetops.
Two large Ensuite Bedrooms:
- Primary bedroom: Room can accommodate a king-sized bed, and has recessed lighting, and two windows. There is a double closet and a wonderful walk-in closet.
Ensuite bathroom: Oversized walk-in glass-enclosed shower with marble tile surround. Marble vanity top, double sink, white cabinetry and polished marble flooring.
- Second bedroom: Corner exposure with two sets of windows, recessed lighting, a double closet, and this room can also accommodate a king-sized bed.
Ensuite bathroom: Granite-topped vanity with white cabinetry, bathtub/shower combination with white tile surround and tile flooring.
Systems & Storage:
HVAC: Carrier gas-fired heat pump system with central air (2018), powered by a Nest thermostat.
Hot Water Heater: Rheem gas-fired 40-gallon tank (2016).
Electrical: Circuit breakers.
Washer/Dryer: GE stacked washer and electric dryer are included in the sale.
Storage: Private deeded storage closet (#24) in the lower level.
Exterior and Parking:
- Windows: 8/8 tilt and clean thermopane windows.
- Roof: Rubber
- Exterior: Brick
- Parking: Garage space #5 and outside space #26 are included in the sale.
Condo Association & Financial Information:
- 24-unit association with 18 Owner occupied (75%).
- Professional managed by Renzi Bulger.
- Condo Fee: $638.11 (Includes water & sewer, master insurance, elevator maintenance, professional property management, common area maintenance, landscaping, snow removal, common electricity, and capital reserves.)
- Condo Accounts: the building had $194,204, as of July 31, 2020.
- Beneficial Interest: 5.8%
- Pet friendly: Up to 2 household pets are allowed.
- Taxes: FY ‘20 $4,383.66 includes residential exemption discount of $2,436.
- Rentals: must be for at least a 6-month terms and must be approved by the Trustees.
Utility Averages: Gas $65/month, Electric $29/month.
There is bike storage on the ground level.
Note: the hardware on the left window in the living room does not function properly.
Sellers would prefer to close after November 26, 2020.