The 6 reasons why Compass CEO Robert Reffkin believes Q4 of 2022 was the bottom of the recent real estate market cycle
1. 25% increase in weekly mortgage applications.
2. Mortgage rates continue to move down to a 4-month low.
3. Increase in buyer interest, open house traffic, and offers.
4. In the last quarter of 2022, 42% of sellers were giving concessions to buyers at the closing table, a 10-year high.
5. Home builder sentiment improved for the first time in 1 year.
6. Pending closings were down 30+% at points in the fall but over the last few weeks, we have seen pending listings in most of our markets nearly flat year over year.